Monday, January 27, 2014

Cooking Chili and comfort foods!

Hello everyone,

The weather this winter has been crazy! It goes from cold to hot, some type of bug is going around. I keep hearing because of the weather, Detroit schools will be closed tomorrow. But what better way to get out of the funk that with some good old fashion comfort food?

What is your favorite comfort food?

Tomorrow I will be diving into the kitchen to cook up some home made chili. Now for me that's the type of comfort food I like to eat when the weather is this nuts. I enjoy mine, spicy, hearty and I am sure I am going to break some rules with certain people for adding this to my chili but I add kidney beans and chick peas.

I remember the first time I made it, I was still young and still learning a lot in the kitchen. One of my aunts knows how to make it so I decided one day that I wanted to try and do it. She told us that we have to make sure to grab the beans that say for chili. I thought cool easy peasy, well no. We actually grabbed the chili that you would use to put over your hotdog. Well you all can imagine how that turned out.

Remember, comfort food is not about just the taste, you got to love what you are doing for it to translate into the food. I am a big believer that feelings get transfer to food as you cook it.

Anyways, tomorrow depending how long the day is, I will somehow post the chili recipe and we are paring it with some homemade biscuits. I don't know about you guys but I am hoping tomorrow is here already!

No comments:

Post a Comment