Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Creamed Corn Bread

I like doing corn bread and I have made the standard recipe a few times but I like pushing the boundaries a bit and play with the recipe just to see what I can do with it. I have done sweet, I have done savory and this out of pure resourcefulness do to lacking an ingredient from the original recipe, I stumbled upon what as of now I shall call creamy or creamed corn bread. Think of the most delicious,  moist, lightly sweet corn bread but now the texture of a bread pudding.

I was skeptical at first that it wouldn't have come together from the ingredient I had to substitute but it was
surprisingly tasty and everybody enjoyed it, so much so that there wasn't much left for pictures.

Creamy Corn Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup yellow corn meal
2/3 cup sugar ( we used 1/3 C granulated and 1/3 C brown)
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp honey
8 oz (1 cup) cream corn

Procedure:

As simple as it gets. Mix all dry together, mix all wets together,  then add all the wets to the dry until mostly smooth. Place in a loaf pan or muffin pan lightly greased. 

Bake at 350 degree F for 20-25 minutes. Use a cake tester or toothpick at the center. If it comes out clean or with a little bit of crumbs is done.









2 comments:

  1. I am always looking for a good cornbread recipe. I love cornbread and this one looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was very tasty and simple. Goes good with a bowl of chili.

      Delete